In Tanzania, SEAF is the implementer of KASI Agriventures (or “KASI”), a program funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and based in Dar es Salaam. KASI is seeking a service provider to: 1) prepare a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan; and 2) conduct a baseline survey in Tanzania to guide project implementation and gather baseline information. This bid is open to all national and international consulting agencies.
Through USDA’s Food for Progress (FFPr) grant, the KASI Agriventures project will provide equity and debt investments and technical assistance to small and medium enterprises (SME) in the agriculture sector in Tanzania. Specifically, KASI Agriventures will:
- Develop livestock and aquaculture feed processing capacity through an investment into a medium-sized animal feed producer;
- Develop processing capacity through an investment into a medium sized fruit, vegetable, and/or spice processing facility;
- Develop agricultural capacity using a lease-to-own lending mechanism through an investment in a SME finance company, to increase affordability of farm equipment for Tanzanian farmers, and to increase availability of working capital loans to farmers;
- Establish a Center for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development (CEED) to provide specific technical assistance as needed to the suppliers and/or customers of these agribusiness SMEs for agribusiness entrepreneurs, and
- Expand trade of agricultural products through a mentorship program between international corporations and fruit/vegetable/spice processor(s), aimed at bringing the fruit/vegetable/spice processor(s) products up to international standards.
Click here for the full RFP.
Deadline: A completed proposal with all necessary documents is due no later than 5pm (17:00) Eastern Standard Time, on Tuesday June 23rd, 2015. Proposals will not be considered if they are incomplete, late and/or contain information other than that which is outlined below.
Submission Guidelines: SEAF will only accept applications submitted via email. Please submit your applications to KasiAgriventures@seaf.com. Proposal documents should be attachments in this email (see Guidelines on Documents). Please use subject line: KASI Baseline Evaluation Proposal. If you have any questions about the RFP prior to submission, please send them to Amanda Muncil at email@example.com.